Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.1 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 88.3 mg
Total Carbs: 12.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
Protein: 15.5 g
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 2-5 tablespoons water
- (optional) 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa
Mix the peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Add the rest of ingredients and mix together. Mixture should be crumbly and slightly moist.
Press (hard) into a 9x9 tray and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cut into 12 equal bars.
Credit: SparkPeople user CTCLOUGH
I got this great recipe from Madie Taylor @ Pivotal Fitness...Madie has attempted to reduce the butter form 2 cups to 1 1/2 cups.
- 2 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Flax
- 2 cups Butter
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons Splenda or Truvia
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 - 3/4 package Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees...
Combine: Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and Flax in small bowl...
Beat: Butter, Both Sugars, and Vanilla Extract in large mixer bowl until creamy...Ad Eggs one at a time, beating after each addition...
Gradually beat in flour mixture...Stir in Chocolate Chips...
Put mixture into 10 X 15 Baking Dish...Grease with some Pam Spray...
Bake 20 - 25 minutes until golden...Do not over bake...The bars will get dry...
| || |
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.5 g
Cholesterol: 3.7 mg
Sodium: 26.2 mg
Total Carbs: 22.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
Protein: 0.6 g
- 4 small tart apples, such as Granny Smith, washed and cored
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance butter blend, softened
- 1 tablespoon pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the apples in a baking dish.
Combine raisins in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of warm water and allow to rest for 10 minutes. (This is an important step! If you skip this step, the raisins will burn in the oven.)
Combine all ingredients for the filling in a bowl. Divide the filling evenly among the apples.
Pour 1/2 cup water into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.
Makes 4 servings